I thought I'd share some pics of my latest craft trials! :D

For you knitters out there you may (or may not) know what this is supposed to be. It's a yarn swift made out of tinker toys (well, really a set of knock off tinker toys). We had these around for a long time and Quaid never plays with them, he much prefers this legos, when I happened upon this cool idea online. Winding yarn from a skein is quite a pain and quite a mess by hand, just ask Nathan how many hours I have spent unknotting yarn! This little deal saves me quite a bit of time and headache and the cool part is it takes up close to no space at all since I can just take the pieces apart!

These are Avelyn Faith's new longies/capris. Right now they are longies for her, but I'm hoping that I made the rise big enough to still fit over her diaper come summer and they will then hopefully work for capris! I dyed this yarn too.

Now these are really fun! I dyed them using the LWI (low water immersion) method and I really like how they came out. Nathan even said he wants one! Roanen's didn't get done yet since I need to get more dye to match his longies that I'm going to be making him after I finish two other pairs I'm doing for trades with some other people! Oh, and his longies are just for looks, not for cloth diapering (we're completely out of that stage for him, even at night!! WOOT). They will be superwash wool that can be put in the washing machine w/everything else.
so cute...great job, Elizabeth, with your craftiness!! And what are those two doing, getting so grown up looking? Even though I see them fairly often, I can't get over how big they're getting.
ReplyDeleteLove the shirts, how cute....I'm sure that when Aunt April sees them, she is going to want one..love to all
ReplyDelete