Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Singing Praise!

A little fact about me....I've always LOVED music! It seems my children have gotten this love of music from me, as I am usually hearing LOUD singing coming from the bedrooms at "quiet" time every afternoon. Today we were driving home from some errands and I was singing along with the song on the radio and got that wake up call again that this song that I'm singing isn't meant to be just words, it's meant to be a praise to our Lord that I'm lifting up, not just showing Him that I can remember all of the words and sometimes carry a tune, but actually meaning the words that I'm singing or perhaps it's a song from Him, showing His love for us. Every once in a while I need this reminder, maybe I'm the only one who sings along with the radio without thinking about what the words actually mean, but when I get that reminder and I let the words of the songs to our Lord or from our Lord sink in, it's just amazing and brings tears to my eyes and hope to my heart. Here is the song that was playing today when the Lord opened my eyes again to his grace and beauty and reminded me that EVERYTHING should be an offering to Him, even singing along with the radio!

1 comment:

  1. I love that song! I have it on my blog too! You know, lately I've been catching myself singing along just the same and stopping and thinking... I never realized that song said THAT! Just mindlessly singing along. There is a lot of wisdom to be learned and a lot of praise to be given! :) Thanks for the reminder. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete