Friday, December 14, 2007

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...lalalalala"





Ok, that was poor excuse for a singing title. HAHA It's finally feeling like Christmas around here since we got some snow last week. Although, now I'm a bit panicked as I have yet to mail out any gifts!! YIKES The worse part is, I don't even know what I will be mailing out! But, anyway, we did get our tree put up this past weekend. Yes, it is a fake tree, but I just don't think that the trees we would find to cut down around here would live up to my Illinois tree farm standard of a great Christmas tree! HA Plus, I'm too cheap to go buy one of the store ones.

But, all that said, I'm happy with our little fake tree. The children had fun decorating it after the yearly "how the lights go on" troubles. hehehe The picture here is of Nathan reading the children the story of the Christmas Nail. It is an ornament of sorts that goes on our tree, way back in the inside where no one knows it's there. It's to remind us of the manner in which Jesus died and that he died for us, even though we are all sinners. I love that every year when we get out the tree and ornaments, that we have that strong reminder as we are decorating about what we are celebrating.

3 comments:

  1. that looks like alot of fun....your tree is very pretty...where's nathan's hair,haha..love to all...mom/grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for pretty Christmas decorations!!! :-)

    wish you guys were coming down... miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful. Wish we were up there this Christmas. Maybe next year. We are geting another snow storm here in Illinois. Maybe I'll go out tomorrow and make a snowman in Grandma and Grandpa's front yard! Love you all. Sorry to hear you are sick, Jayna.
    Grandma H.

    ReplyDelete