
We had our friends the Jeffersons over on Friday night to enjoy our new table! Actually, we have had the table for about 3 weeks, but it was in the garage being refinished. As you can see, the chairs are still not finished, but I'm thrilled with the job that Nathan did on it (along with some help from his friend Steve who didn't know what he was getting in to when he came over with his wife for tacos!! hehe) Nathan did a lot of work on getting the table done and I'm so thankful that he was willing to do it. We bought it knowing that we (I say we, but it was really he!!) were going to sand it all down and restain it, then Nathan and Steve came up with the idea of using a torch to "burn" it some to give it that really rustic finish after sanding and before staining it. I think it came out beautifully and I'm so glad to have a lovely wood table to sit around that we can throw the 2 leaves into and fill in around it when we have family come and
visit! (hint, hint) Anyway, this past Friday, Jake, Amber and their boys, Hunter and Talon, came over for dinner. Jake and Nathan have known each other since they were young boys up at Victory Bible Camp running around barefoot shooting rabbits and being charged by a moose with no where to hide, but they had their handy dandy pocket knives, so it was okay. Of course, almost every time we are all together poor Amber and I have to hear about some "hot" girl that was up at Victory all those years ago! HAHA We feel so blessed to have this family in our lives and it's awesome that Nathan and Jake have that history together. It's always great getting together with them, our children are close in age and my children are ALWAYS excited to hear that they will be seeing Hunter and Talon. The silly picture here is of the three of them singing, Jayna told me she wanted a picture of them singing together and just as I snapped it Hunter took a bow!! It was so funny!!
visit! (hint, hint) Anyway, this past Friday, Jake, Amber and their boys, Hunter and Talon, came over for dinner. Jake and Nathan have known each other since they were young boys up at Victory Bible Camp running around barefoot shooting rabbits and being charged by a moose with no where to hide, but they had their handy dandy pocket knives, so it was okay. Of course, almost every time we are all together poor Amber and I have to hear about some "hot" girl that was up at Victory all those years ago! HAHA We feel so blessed to have this family in our lives and it's awesome that Nathan and Jake have that history together. It's always great getting together with them, our children are close in age and my children are ALWAYS excited to hear that they will be seeing Hunter and Talon. The silly picture here is of the three of them singing, Jayna told me she wanted a picture of them singing together and just as I snapped it Hunter took a bow!! It was so funny!!
Your new table is cool! All of the pictures are really cute(with the exception of Nathan! haha. JK.).
ReplyDeletecute pics!!
ReplyDeletenikki, ur so pretty!!! :-)
love you!
I love the table...I think you're pretty too.....Love you lots!!!! Hi to the kids and Nathan...give them all a kiss from me, OK Nathan too....Love and miss you...Mom/Grammy
ReplyDeleteI am not convinced with the kiss for Nathan from Grammy! haha. Just kidding!
ReplyDeleteI wish like anything that I could sit at your table for a while.
ReplyDeleteDad H.