Monday, January 21, 2008

CUTE!!

I love these pictures!! For some reason I just love it when all of my children have slept like this with their little feet crossed and their tushes up in the air, it's just so cute! I'm glad that Roanen still sleeps that way, I'm sure one night I will go in and check on him and he will be in the little boy sleeping position....all sprawled out, arms and legs every which direction, but for now, he's still my baby!

And then there is Quaid in his warrior stance! Nathan made him (and the Coke boys) a warrior shield for Christmas. The designs that are on it all have a specific meaning. The red straight line means "military strength" and the triple cross means "willing to go through trials for Christ" or at least something like that. You can't really see it but the meaning of his name is on the cross too. Quaid means "army of power". Him and Nathan have had tons of fun having warrior fights with his plastic (though still painful) sword and that shield. When Quaid feels he's losing the battle he just takes off running with his shield in front of him and rams right into Nathan!! It's great!! It has been drilled into his brain however that this is NOT the proper way to play with girls (including mama) or little brothers! He has not once even tried to play that way with anyone else in the house, but once Daddy gets home, out comes the shield! He is also wearing his costume for the play that Nathan, Jayna and he put on, performing the story of Hannah and Samuel, well, kind of. :D It wasn't exactly the Biblical version, (I don't really think that Eli was teaching Samuel to be a warrior), but it was still fun and we got it all on video.

Now for Miss Jayna and her artwork! She has really been drawing and coloring up a storm lately! I love to see her drawings, as 9 times out of 10 there is an angel somewhere in the picture! However, the other day she decided that she wanted to draw a picture with a rainbow dress at quiet time and she just couldn't wait, so the wall became her pallet (or however you spell that). This is a picture of her beautiful girl with the rainbow dress with an angel flying above her. Perhaps she thought that angel would save the poor little rainbow dress girl from being erased off the wall?? Who knows. The picture is actually still there, waiting to be scrubbed off by little hands once I get to the store to buy some of those wonderful Mr. Clean Magic Erasers! Those sure are some happy girls on her wall though!

4 comments:

  1. When it rains it pours blogs!! haha. I love seeing all the pictures! I would love to see the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures are awesome... miss you guys lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures and stories that go with them are great...I'm so glad to see some new pictures..maybe you should just keep Jayna's artwork on the wall...HA HA
    Love to all...Grammy/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic. Jayna is growing up so fast. Quaider looks so much like Nate when he was that little, Roanen looks so cozy like that , and just think when he stops sleeping like that you will have another one so don't be too sad. By the way rub your tummy for me and tell that baby Aunt Ruthie loves him/her and I have something very special for her/him in about 7 months or so :) I love you all and miss you all tons. Give everyone our love and kisses. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete