Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our little champion!

Last Saturday night Jayna recieved her first buckle!! She was the ABRA (Alaska Barrel Racing Association) state lead line champion. We had not told her anything about the banquet or that she would be getting a buckle. Nathan told her Saturday morning that we were going somewhere special that night without the boys, but he didn't tell her anything else until we were in the van. Then he told her where we were going, but not that she was going to get a prize. It was so much fun to see her little face light up when the announcer called her name and the whole room exploded in applause and "yay Jayna!!". The ABRA is full of awesome people who are so encouraging to Jayna.

Oh yeah, if you can see it in the first picture, she is wearing a dress with a western button up shirt over it. I did NOT dress her in that! HA She decided that she wanted to wear her dress, which was great....when we got to the banquet, a friend of Nathan's who has a little girl a bit older than Jayna (and who by the way took quite a few of the prizes home herself, along with her mom :D) brought this shirt up and asked if we thought it would fit Jayna, her mom had made it for her daughter and it was too small. I said I thought so, but we'd try it on and see. So after trying it on, Jayna decided she wanted to keep it on over her dress. Why not?? And so she wore it like that for the rest of the night. It's an adorable shirt that I'm sure we'll have lots of pics of her wearing this summer at this year's barrel races.

5 comments:

  1. awww!!! congrats miss jayna!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! Tell Jayna that I am Very proud of her!

    I love that she wore the shirt over her dress...I SOO would have done something like that(but I wouldn't have CHOSEN to wear the dress in the first place even though I probably would have been in one at that age anyway...haha).

    Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are soooo proud of you, Jayna..You looked very nice in your dress and new shirt..We love you..Grammy and Pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jayna...I love your dress and your buckle. I forgot that I could look here to see what it is like.
    Love you..Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayna we are very proud of you !! We love you so much keep up the hard work kiddo. Your cousins wanted me to tell you that they are very proud of you and think that you look very cute in your shirt and dress. Love you bunches sweety. Love Aunt Ruthie and fam.

    ReplyDelete