Friday, August 15, 2008

More fun goodies for baby girl!

I thought I'd share some more fun things that I've made for the baby. Oh, by the way, she is no longer nameless, but we are not sharing her name until she is born. I just finished these longies (wool pants) last night. There is one flaw in them that I'm sure is going to drive me crazy, but no one else will notice I'm sure since it's in the gusset (in between the legs). I made the hat a few weeks ago for right after she's born and it should fit her until she's 6 months or so. I just got the shirt today and I think they go pretty well together, the pants and shirt should fit from about 3 months or so.
The thing on the left here is my pouch sling that I made. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it goes over your head, onto one shoulder and the other end sits at your hip...for an infant, you tuck them into the little pouch that is made by doing that and then there are other positions for older babies up to toddlers. The one of the left is my new nursing cover.
This is a fleece skirty. You can see a bit of the underneath soaker sticking out at the bottom, this is just another cloth diaper cover, with a little flair! :D
And these beautiful things I didn't make, but I love them so much I just had to share them! My wonderful steering team friends threw me a surprise baby shower a couple of weekends ago and these were both gifts that I recieved there. My friend Tasha made the God's Little Cowgirl fleece blanket...she has her own embroidery machine and is VERY handy with it! She also made an awesome little tiny bracelet for the baby, but it's so tiny you wouldn't have been able to see it in this pic, so I'll take one of it on the baby's wrist after she's born. My friend Amanda made the adorable hat. It is so sweet and I can't wait to see it on baby girl! We also got stocked up on some really cute girly clothes and other goodies...it was such a blessing. Thanks you guys, you are great!!

6 comments:

  1. So cute...last time I saw those pants, they were only "pant" with just one leg. (I think I've been hangin' with my kiddos too much...I've developed their sense of humor. YIKES!) They turned out great. Can't wait to see them on our new little niece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job honey, you have been busy...how do you find the time....I absolutely love the hat from your friend...your dad was bragging on you the other day and how you are such a good mom..we love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT///not even tell G & G, the fun time twins, the secret name?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your knitting accomplishments. Fantastic! We just have to get Sarah knitting now! He he....hey, question for you...have you heard of bundling blankets and would you be interested in that concept?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, how sweet! Way to go crafty Momma :) I am excited to find out the name of Gods little cowgirl...how cute is that! So glad the girls had a fun shower. Girl stuff is the BEST! Your boys are stinkin adorable too. Love em.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. can I just say YOU ARE SO NESTING :) I just know you will have the baby soon. I love all of the clothing, you are doing such an AWESOME job. I love you so much and will be continuing to pray for you and the baby ( of course the rest of the fam too !!)Cll you later today.Ruth

    ReplyDelete