Monday, November 10, 2008

A boy and his hat(s)

Roanen has a real thing for hats. Chances are if you see us out and about around town, he will have a hat of some sort on...if I'm lucky it won't be the football helmet, although I won't stop him from wearing it if he really wants to. I took these two pictures in the same week of him sleeping in his hats. He really loves that football helmet, he and Quaid about came to blows over it the other day! It's actually Quaider's helmet, but he hasn't really cared that Roany kind of took it over, that is until Nathan put the chin strap on it. Then all of the sudden it became the coolest thing in the world and it was no longer okay that Roanen wanted it all of the time!

This cracks me up, I mean how comfortable can it really be to sleep in a cowboy hat??

And since we're talking about hats...here is my dear husband modeling the hat I just finished him. It was the first time I've knit a design into something (you can't really see they are stars). Next up is felted mittens for the kiddos.

5 comments:

  1. How precious is that, he is toooo cute...Nathan, I'm talking about Roany..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Nathan's hat turned out fantastic! Now he matches the Coke boys when I did their hats for last Christmas. Wonderful having another knitter in the family. Interesting all the talent in one family...musicians, soloists, knitters, teachers, moms, cake decorators and bakers, researchers, and the list goes on.....
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck, sleeping in the cowboy hat seems like peanuts compared to trying to sleep in that hard helmet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute! And just wanted to say, I finally posted pics of the yarn cabinet on the Baruch's Lullaby blog. Thanks for keeping me accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh y gosh I just love the pictuers I have to agree with Sarah. How does he even fall asleep in that football hat??? So very cute, and may I PLEASE have a hat like Nates. I love light pink and brown :) Love you lots give my babies hugs and kisses for me

    ReplyDelete