I keep hearing this song on K-Love and every time that I do it speaks to me more and more. It's called Give Me Your Eyes, Brandon Heath sings it. Here is the chorus:
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me you heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see
I love this song! Every morning for the past week or so I have woken up with this chorus running through my head (of course that's really the only part I can remember :D) Can you imagine for a second what it would be like to look through Christ's eyes? I mean, that's what we as Christians are supposed to be doing, but I for one can't even grasp the concept in my head. I would love to be able to look at every person around me and feel that immense, Christ-like love for them. I know that there is so much that I miss on a day to day basis, so many people that I could reach out to, but I'm so caught up in my own little dramatic world that I completely miss it! That is something that I struggle with.
I also struggle with trying to look at every day things through the eyes of Christ. Take our election for example....I, for one, am scared to death over what is going to happen in our country, I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I found out that our country is going to be lead by a man who has not shown the kind of respect to our country that should be demanded by someone who plans to lead it, someone that I feel only ran for office as a personal challenge to himself, not for the love of our country and it's well being. However, am I looking at this through the eyes of Christ? Of course not. Has anything happened here that He didn't know about? Of course not. Is there a greater plan? Of course!! I am not looking at our situation here through the eyes of the Almighty. I should be looking at this in amazement, thinking, wow, what is God going to show us through this? In this MAJOR event in our country, will people witness God doing something fantastic that will reach more unsaved people that we ever thought was possible? Or maybe the uncertainty of the future will send the unsaved searching for answers or comfort that will lead them to Christ! God is still in control, if I only get one little glimpse of things through His eyes, this is it...nothing is bigger than God!
I know God is going to keep speaking to me through this song and I will continue to grow closer to Him as He helps me to do so by speaking to me in ways that I understand (like through music) as long as I'm open to hearing Him. I can't wait to see what's in store and I'm going to keep praying for Him to "give me your eyes".
Slot Freebet Tanpa Deposit 2023
2 years ago
WOW I couldn't of said that better !! I agree 100 %. I too love that song and when it comes on the kids and I turn it way up but now that I am thinking about it I have never really talked to Kaylie about the words . I think I will do so , because our children will talk to anyone about Christ and we can learn from them but we also HAVE to be teaching them :) I love you tons and I am still praying that we will be moving up north next spring
ReplyDeleteI agree...that is an amazing song. We sang it frequently while in Missouri at New Tribes...and it is quite a reminder. What would happen if we had His eyes when we looked/listened to one another as family? Hmmm, food for thought. Love you. Mom H.
ReplyDeleteFunny, that song is constantly on my mind too. It helps me remember to look outward and not judge people and stay away from them on purpose because they don't seem safe or inviting. Lord, give me your eyes!!!
ReplyDelete