Monday, December 1, 2008

Fun Christmas Craft

We had a lot of fun with this cool little craft I found online. You save up some tin cans, take the outside paper off, fill them up with water, freeze them, then use a hammer and nail to punch out whatever design you want! Throw a candle in there and they look really awesome! We did all of ours up tonight then turned off every light in the house to check out the results. I think they are all super. The top one is Jayna's cross (the kiddos decided what they wanted on theirs, then drew it out on paper and Nathan "followed" their design). On the other side of hers is a rabbit head....I have no idea why!

Next up is Roany's Larry-Boy...isn't my hubby quite the talented fellow??


Quaider's snow angel...isn't he cute?




My snow flake (there is a star on the other side, but it wasn't really fit to be photographed) and Nathan's Christian fish....on the other side of his he has a really cool nail to remind us of Christ's sacrifice, but the pic doesn't show it very well. This is a really fun and quick craft to do and with older children than mine it would be fun to turn them loose with a hammer and nail and see what they create! I think we will do this one every year.









4 comments:

  1. What a fun craft, Elizabeth. I forgot about those, but when we were little, Mom helped us make those! They look great! Nate, you've always been a good artist. Larry Boy looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool I think we might try that !! Hey Sarah I don't remember doing those how old were we? Maybe I was just to young to remember doing it. They all look so nice I just love them GREAT job Nate . !!! Love and miss you all so very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun...they are all very nice...good idea and great job, nikki and nathan...you two are great parents, the kiddos are very lucky to have you both....we love and miss you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, I don't remember exactly how old we were, but we were in Alaska, so we weren't too young, I guess...we were in the little green house with the creek. Let me just say, though, ours sure didn't look that great...

    ReplyDelete