
We had a ton of fun with my dad here visting last week! The children were so excited! It started off with an interesting drive back from Anchorage. Dad's plane was a bit late getting in, so we were trying to leave Anchorage during rush hour and it was snowing. It took us 3 LONG hours to get back home...we averaged about 20 miles an hour on the highway. I don't know how those commuters do it, I would go mad! We didn't get outside to do anything really since it was at least 10 below zero almost every day that he was here....YIKES!! He was able fix a couple of things for me and work on a secret Christmas present for the children that I'm SOOOO excited about, it was awesome to have him help out with that!
My puzzle loving boy got some puzzles out right away and he and Grandpa worked on puzzles for quite a while together. It was awesome seeing the children get to play different things with their grandpa, it's something I really miss seeing.
Then my lucky children got to start their Christmas a little early! After putting up the tree Dad gave them each their presents from him. The boys got some great Playmobil castle toys (with lots of "guys" as Roanen calls them), plus some clothes and Jayna Paige got some new clothes for her doll (she's been asking for these for quite a while) and a new fluffy pink robe that she has hardly taken off since!
They also got this great Moon Sand. This stuff is so cool, plus it's gluten free, so when Roanen sticks it in his mouth (which of course was the first thing he did), I don't have to freak out like with PlayDoh! It's quite messy, but it came with this cool little inflatable play mat and I gave the boys each a 9x13 baking dish for theirs and it worked pretty well for keeping it contained. Thank you so much for coming to visit, Dad!! We loved having you here and it was such a blessing! We love you!!!
WOW sounds like you guys were very busy while he was up !! I am so glad that he was able to come for a visit. The pictures look GREAT. Love you so much and can't wait to see you in a couple of months !!!:)
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you again! Even in a picture and so glad that you could go up and visit. Aren't OUR grandchildren just adorable?
ReplyDeleteSteve & Jill