Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Quaid's first frog

I was out mowing the yard yesterday (yes, I was mowing the yard...I like to mow and our "yard" takes all of 10 minutes...HA) and a little frog narrowly escaped his untimely death by hopping out of the way of the mower just in the nick of time. I yelled to Nathan to come and catch it so the kiddos could see it (ok...I like to mow the yard, but amphibians and I aren't on that friendly of terms!). So Nathan caught it and the children were simply hilarious!! I wish we would've thought of getting the video camera out because they were fine looking at it until it would hop, then they would all scream. And when I say scream I mean top of their lungs, girly screams!! We were trying to talk Quaid into holding it, but he kept saying no until we told him that if Ryley was there, he would hold it. Quaid looks up to Ryley as the coolest guy ever and the absolute best at everything! We told him that if he held it we would call Ryley afterwords and he could tell him that he held a frog. So, the first picture is of him waiting to get this little tiny frog into his hand (notice his shoes on the wrong feet...he gets them on like that 95% of the time!). I love the look on his face in the second pic!
He did really good and didn't totally freak out, but when the frog started crawling up his arm he just started yelling, "it's crawling up my arm!! It's crawling up my arm!!" We released the poor traumatized frog back into the wild after this and Quaider made his phone call. It's fun to see him trying to venture into more boy type activities instead of doing everything that Jayna does...Jayna wouldn't get anywhere near the frog and screamed and ran away at the mere mention of touching it or holding it! :D We finally got Quaid's book "The Dangerous Book For Boys" in the mail today and he and Nathan had a good time looking through it at all of the "boy" things that they can do together this summer!!

3 comments:

  1. his shirt is tooo cute! the frog story is just too cute as well, I love that Jayna screamed and ran away (Bethany's input - what a gurlie-gurl!).. And that after some coaxing Quaid finally held the frog! (We love the "it's going up my arm" detail too... hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryley LOVED getting the call from Quaider, although my other boys have been feeling a bit competitive for their own cousin/buddy. Josiah has claimed Roanen, and Isaac was planning on the new baby...until the news that it's a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a cute story..we love seeing the pictures of the kiddos and yes, I am going to say WHAT ARE YOU DOING MOWING?..Had to say it, I am the mom...Love you all, Grammy/mom

    ReplyDelete