Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Nathan's New Chinks

Poor Nathan doesn't get much face time on this blog so I figured I'd share a picture of his new pride and joy (well, these and his new PA system are probably tied for that label :D). Our friend Melanie made these chinks.
Our friend Jeff did the leather etching of a cutting horse on one side and a reining horse on the other. It's so GREAT to have such talented friends!!! Melanie found these awesome conchos with crosses on them and Nathan had Jeff etch scripture references to each side, he has Matthew 11:28 on one side and 1 Peter 2:12 on the other. Nathan is really excited about how they turned out!!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, we're way confused about what these are... buuuuuuuuuuut, they're pretty cool... even if Nathan's a dork! ;-)

    (Bethany is still mumbling... "But I thought they were chaps.. so what's the difference?!?!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I thoroughly enjoyed your description on the phone, Nate, a picture really is "worth a thousand words". Cool chaps!! ("Chinks" sounds like a ghetto word, to me.) They look better in living color then they did all conjured up in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...to fill my dear cousins in on the difference between chaps and chinks...the chinks are shorter. If you can tell, they don't go all the way down to his boots like chaps do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we call those "capris" when they are shorter on the legs. Hey! They'll match his rockclimbing capris! Hee, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nathan, we really can't make all of the detail out in a picture, so maybe you all should come for a visit and model them for us here..Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow good job Jeff. Nate those look AWESOME maybe she could make me some . I love you so much and miss you tons, not sure why but lately I have really been missing you, maybe its because of all the stories that I have been telling the kids. Anyways I hope you know how luck I feel to be your sister and how much I love you, thank you for all you have done for me ( and of course for sparing my life while we were growing up ) love ya bro

    ReplyDelete