I just had to share a few little moments from today!! First off, the knowledge once again that I do indeed live in Alaska hit me when I was driving by the lake and looked over to see lots of people sunbathing and looked at the thermometer and it was 63 out! Now, I agree, 63 in Alaska feels much warmer than in Illinois, but it was just too funny to me to see that. Well, then we got to Fred Meyer (the grocery store for my out of state family) and we were walking through when my dear son saw a gentleman with quite the impressive mullet. We're talking ponytail down to the middle of his back here. Well, fortunately, we were just walking past him and I think we were out of earshot when Quaid says, "hmm...that man has girl's hair in the back." I didn't quite know what to say because it wasn't really a mean comment, just more of an observation, so I just said that some men do have long hair. So, after Nathan hears this comment I'm hoping that all thoughts of a return mullet will fade!! The sweetest part of the day was at the checkout. Imagine that....the checkout is generally NOT where the best of our shopping trip occurs. It started out with the kiddos spying some really fun bagged candy that looks like ice cream cones hanging at the end of the aisle. Jayna of course asked if she could have some and I said no, so she continued to look at the rest of the candy and ask me what everything was. Well, the lady in front of us was paying for her items and turned around and handed me a bag of the "ice cream cone" candy and said, "here, this is for them". The children were thrilled of course and it was such an awesome opportunity to tell them that this is how God wants us to be, to be generous and kind and loving to people that we don't even know! When we prayed tonight I mentioned the nice woman at the grocery store again and thanked God for her example. I thanked the woman several times and she left with a smile after the children thanked her and thoroughly enjoyed the candy that she had given them. I was just so thankful for that dear woman and the lesson that she taught me and my children through something as simple as buying a small bag of candy!
HEY!! We were at FMeyer today, too, and my kids spied those same ice cream cone marshmallows!! (But the lady behind us did NOT buy them for my us!)
ReplyDeleteaww!! yay for cute stories!!!
ReplyDeleteoh and I'm so ready for some of the warmer nicer weather we're supposed to have HERE at this time of year so I can work on a tan before heading to California... but we can't get any... we've had 60* days, but I don't consider that warm enough ;-)
LOVE YOU n MISS YOU ALL!!!
That is really cute!
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
Isn't it nice to know that there are still some wonderful people in this crazy world we live in.. love you all, give the babies hugs and kisses from grammy..we love you all
ReplyDelete