Friday, May 16, 2008

Park Day

Yesterday when we were out the kiddos asked me if we could go to the park. By that point of the day we were heading home already and Mama was worn out so I told them if they were very good at my dr's appointment today we could go after that and take a picnic lunch! We all woke up excited about the day because it was beautiful and sunny and looked like the perfect park day. Of course, by the time we got out of the appointment the sun was hiding behind some clouds and the wind had picked up. *sigh* We ended up having our "picnic" in the van in the park's parking lot because it was too chilly to just be sitting there eating! Anyway, we didn't stay as long as the kiddos wanted to of course, but they had fun while I stood there shivering. I did get a few cute pictures though. I love the one of the older 2 coaxing Roany down the slide. He is a little fearless wonder and didn't hesistate one moment going up the stairs and down the slide (which he calls "weeeeee"), but for some reason Quaid was very concerned (imagine that...he is my careful boy) and thought he needed to "catch" Roany at the bottom. Then Jayna thought she needed to help too....Roanen loved all of the attention of course.
I don't know if you can really see Roanen's little tongue sticking out on this pic, but he was trying to do a good impersonation of Pa!

I took this picture of Jayna going down the slide headfirst and Quaid yelled, "wait, take one of me too, I'm gonna do it!!" So he started climbing the stairs and when he got to the platform he said, "nevermind, I'm not gonna do that." He is so funny, he just can't decide if he wants to be brave or not!!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad everyone still got to have their "Park Day!" (No wonder we couldn't get ahold of you yesterday!!) It looks like everyone had lots of fun at the park! I could see Roanen's little tongue sticking out! He is very cute! And Quaid looked like he was being very cautious coming downt the slide. Love Quaider's hat! GO CUBS GO! and Jayna's head first slide! yay!

    Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... so i typed up a comment and then saw how many mistakes I made... sooo I deleted it...

    In the meantime, corrected:
    Love Roanen's impression of Pa, he's just toooo cute!!! and the pic of Miss Jayna and Quaiders coaxing Roanen down the slide...

    Bocker, you have some cute kids, but when will we see another pregnant mommy picture?!?! :-P ;-)

    Miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete