Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yummy

I found this recipe online this morning while I was looking for a yummy oatmeal recipe and thought I would share it. It was pretty sweet so next time I will probably use only 2T of brown sugar. I also added a few chocolate chips and it was so tasty!! I also might try adding some flax seeds next time to add a little more "secret" goodness to it. :D

Oatmeal Muffins
1 C rolled oat
1 C milk
1 Egg (or two egg whites)
1 C whole wheat flour
¼ C brown sugar, packed
1/4 C honey
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Soak oats in milk for 1 hour. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into a muffin pan that has been lightly greased or sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes. Variations: To make Oatmeal Raisin Muffins, Oatmeal Apple Muffins, or Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins, add raisins/chopped apples/chocolate chips to the batter.

1 comment:

  1. They do sound yummy, but I am sure they are much better when you make them than if I would attempt it...haha.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete