Friday, June 6, 2008

Quaider's Birthday!!

We all had a super fun day on Quaid's birthday! He got this awesome lego duplo castle set from Grammy and Pa. It's quite the large set (it's actually 3 or 4 different sets) so we set it all up on the table after the kiddos had gone to sleep so he would get to see it all together in the morning. He just kept saying, "it is SO cool...so very cool"! All 3 of them played with it all morning! God blessed us in a huge way that Nathan only had to work 1 horse late yesterday morning, so we met him at Dairy Queen for Quaid's birthday lunch after a stop at the toy store for Quaid to pick out his gift from Grandma and Grandpa Horsman!

They all ate their lunch and then got their birthday ice cream cones, which made for a very messy Roanen!! Jayna and Roanen went to play in the play tubes and Quaid went for about 2 minutes, then came back to play with his 4 wheeler that he picked from the toy store. He and Nathan played with that for the rest of the time!! I asked Quaid what he wanted to get with the rest of his birthday money and he said, "a real 4 wheeler". I'm sure his daddy agreed! After we got home we gave him his last present for his birthday day (his party is on Saturday, so we saved some back for that). His gift from us was a bow and arrow. He is quite a good shot! He told Nathan that he wants to go out in the woods and shoot a moose to show how brave he is.

Then we had his little hot wheels cake. I just made some cupcakes and we will have his big cake on Saturday. It was a really fun day and we are so thankful for Quaid and the little man that he is becoming!!

4 comments:

  1. too precious! just like usual!! love seeing new pics!! i'll have to get over to ur mom's and print off the new pages for her... she said you thought bethany would be there all the time, you were wrong, lately it's me! =)

    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ONLY because I have been at the Lake and working the past 2 weeks.

    I heard that Quaid was really excited about his legos. Grandma and Jennifer stopped by work today and I fortuantly got to go on break just as they were eating so I was able to chat with them for awhile. Grandma told me Quaid thought his legos were "really, really, really, really, awesome" and "sweet".

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are so thankful for your blog..it's so nice to get to feel a part of their days...Quaid looks like such a big boy.we love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are great pictures! Quaid, I'm glad that you had such a special birthday! Wish we could have been there. Love you all. Grandma H.

    ReplyDelete