Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Some favorite new things

I kept forgetting to post the picture of my Mother's Day present, so I finally am putting it up and decided I'd share a couple more pics of the new favorite things around the house. Nathan surprised me with this rocker/cradle combo for Mother's Day!! I had seen it at a local thrift store and told Nathan about it, wanting him to tell me that we didn't need it since he wants this to be the last baby. I even told him before I said anything about the cradle...."I'm telling you about this thing so you can tell me I don't need it and then I won't want it anymore!". So I was very surprised and happy to see this gift!! What a thoughtful and wonderful man I'm married to!!

Saturday I went to some garage sales with Jayna and Roanen while Nathan and Quaid went to the dump and then to the fairgrounds for a little bit for some horse stuff. I saw this picture at one of the sales, but didn't want to pay what they were asking, so just passed on it. I told Nathan about it later and he was excited about it and told me to go back and ask if they would take less. So, I did and they did and now it's hanging in this little spot above our hallway. I LOVE it!!


My final "new to us" find was our brown (even though it kinda looks purple in the pic :D) leather couch with recliners on both ends that I found on craigslist. I wasn't even looking for a "new" couch, I was actually looking for a bunkbed for Jayna's room when I saw this great deal, just one of those right place at the right time kinda things. We are very excited by this find too...we've been wanting a leather couch for a long time, but didn't want to spend leather couch money for one!! hehe I'd love to hear if you have something around your house that you found a great deal on and LOVE!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW what AWESOME things. I just love the rocker, wonder why those aren't more popular I think it looks perfect. What an AWESOME God we serve I for one can not wait to be able to see Him face to face I wonder what I will do?!?!?!? I bet we will all worship Him and soak up His loving embrace :) What a very cool find I know you really didn't like that other couch so this is so cool. See God does give you the desires of your heart some times . I love you all and give my kiddos kisses and hugs . Love ya sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat rocker :) I've never seen anything like that. What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that rocker/cradle, super fun and reminds me of Little House on the Prairie...sweet baby will love to have someone close by! Hope you are enjoying Alaska summer :) Its alreay reaching 100 here...super hot, but we are about the only ones outside. We've froze long enough! Miss ya, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so that rocking chair/cradle is the coolest thing ever! How unique! And I cannot wait to talk baby girl names! That is always my favorite thing! So is Huckleberry out then??? hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete