
So after reading a fellow bloggers dreams of warmer North Carolina weather, I decided that I too would confess to my "pining" after some warmth. (Although it's no confession to my MOPS set-up friends to whom I said as walking in the door this morning, "is anyone else sick of being cold?!?!".) It has been getting down to 20 or 30 BELOW zero here at night and sometimes lasting until the early morning. A client of Nathan's called him yesterday morning and said that it was 35 below at her house. Needless to say, Nathan was not able to go work those horses! I'm so thankful that we have a garage and I can actually fit our van in it! I simply can not wait for break-up. (For you midwesterners, break-up is what they call it up here when the snow and ice melt away and the warmer weather starts moving in) I tried not to think about my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, nephews and niece out sunning in the warmth of Hawaii while we were here freezing our tushes in Alaska. HA All I have to say about that is that they better figure out some way to bottle some warmth to bring back with them. But, at least it has been misleadingly sunny. I look out the window and it's so bright and sunny you assume that it's at

beginning to warm up, but it's not. Although it was up to 13 when we got home this afternoon, so maybe we are on the upside. :D So, all that said, I had to put up some pictures of the warmer Alaska days from this summer. It's so funny to see how small Roany was! And even though I am tired of this cold, I must say that I prefer this to the weather that Illinois has been having between snow storms, ice storms, warm ups, freeze outs, tornadoes and the like. If nothing else, at least Alaska is consistant!
it was 70 here the past 2 days... cloudy and icky... two tornados in the area tonight... and a high of 38 tomorrow... i HATE illinois weather at the moment...
ReplyDeletehopefully it warms up there sometime soon!!!
love you all!
I love the idea of trying to convince yourself that you have warm weather ( ya know by posting the pic) I miss my snow and cold so we could trade, you some down to the slums of the south and I will head north !!! Love the new pic. give my kiddos a kiss from Aunt Ruthie and tell my bro. howdy !! Love ya
ReplyDelete