Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!! Ok, so I know it's a day late, but better late than never, right?!?!? The children woke us up yesterday morning singing about it being Valentine's Day, only they occasionally would call it Thanksgiving or Easter. HA Jayna kept saying it was her favorite holiday, but in truth I think that whatever holiday it is just happens to be her favorite! We gave them the cards that I had made for them the night before with the special notes from us yesterday morning, then cruelly made them wait until late yesterday afternoon to get their other gifts. I was so blessed to find Quaid a Larry the Cucumber book at The Mouse House, our local consignment shop, owned by one of the nicest ladies you'll meet. So after the great find for him, I was puzzled about what books to get the other 2 kiddos (well, really just Jayna...Roanen loves most any book). I was so excited to run across a Little Bear book at one of the thrift stores and snatched it up. She has really fallen in love with the Little Bear books, this is our 3rd one now. I remember loving them too, which makes it even more fun. Roanen received the Tooth Book which made Nathan and I laugh when Nathan was reading it and one of the pages said something about Ruth having teeth and that all Ruths have big teeth! Now, I don't think my lovely sister-in-law has big teeth at all, but there's something so funny about reading a family member's name in a book like that, I'm not sure why. We love you, Ruth!! I also make them some rather large chocolate chip cookies shaped like hearts...well, sort of. It's not easy to try to shape a drop cookie into anything, but Jayna and Quaid did know that they were hearts, so I guess that's all that matters. The picture is of them holding up their new books and their cookies that they had already started to munch on! Quaid's face is too funny in this picture...I told him he had to actually smile instead of making the face that he makes in every other picture (see pictures below for said face :D), so this is what we got. Oh yeah, recognize the shirt, Nancy?? It's still getting passed down...SIU makes some good wearing shirts I tell ya! hehe

4 comments:

  1. Thank you my wonderful sister ( in-law) for pointing out that I DON'T have big teeth !!!! I love you guys and one more thing it is Mom and Dads fault that I have this name. now not only does " old great aunt ruth have a beard but now I have big teeth to go along with it he he he . Give my babies a hug and kiss from me please

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the kids really enjoyed their cards and giant heart cookies! I wish I had a giant heart cookie! Love you all!!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is sooo cute...miss you all so much..Kisses and hugs to all..Love you all, Grammy/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww!! yay for the SIU shirt still being around! :-)

    *I'm without a laptop at the moment so it's kinda hard to check all this stuff!*

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete