
Tuesday afternoon I was in the kitchen and Nathan was sitting on the couch with the kiddos. I turned around to say something to them and saw a rather large moose out in the cul-de-sac in front of our house. I told the kids and they all jumped up on the couch and they were looking out, then Nathan says, oh, there's another one. I said, there's two out there? He said, no, there's three! The only time I've seen three together was when it was a mama with two babies, this was 2 females and one baby. I told Nathan to grab the camera to take pictures for our Illinois family of these awesome moose right across the street. Well, he decided he needed to be closer and went outside, walked into the cul-de-sac with the largest moose staring right at him and started snapping pictures! Yikes!! I kept telling the children....don't EVER do what Daddy is doing!! HA Unfortunately, the pics of the moose looking right at him didn't turn out...of course! But he still got some awesome pics! The other picture has all 3 in it. The mama and baby are on the left (it's hard to see the baby behind the mama) and the larger female is on the right. This was when the mama and baby had made their way into our front yard. They were quite content standing there munching on something until Quaid made some loud barking sound! (Nathan had the front door open just a little bit snapping more pics) Oh, by the way, you Illinois family members better

really enjoy the pics, when Nathan came in from taking the first set he said, wow, thanks a lot for making me feel like a tourist...out snapping pictures of the moose in the middle of the cul-de-sac. hehehe Roanen loved seeing the moose, of course he called them puppies because that's what he calls horses too. He laughed at them when they jumped over the fence and cried when he went back to the window a little later and they weren't there anymore!
haha. Nathan a tourist in Alaska! lol. I love the pics though. These moose are sooo not as big as the one that was running towards the suburban on the interstate when I was there though...That thing was HUGE!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya all!! :D
Bethany
the pics are awesome!!!
ReplyDeletethanks Nathan!!! :-)
Love ya!