
So we had quite the CRAZY summer as I'm sure most of you know. But, along with the tears and fear there were a lot of happy, belly laughing times to go along with it! I was looking through the last pictures that we were able to transfer onto our computer before our poor camera decided it was going to hoard them to itself and I found this fun one of Grandma Horsman with the 3 Horsman kids! It was so fun to have Grandma here for a week and the kids just loved it (that is, ALL of the kids! Even the big, grown up ones HA). This picture was from a fun trip up to Euklutna Lake with the Horsman bunch and the Coke clan. It was a beautiful, sunny day, perfect for throwing rocks into the lake, which is what Quaid had been talking about for DAYS. Grandma Horsman asked him when she got here what he wanted to do while she was here and he promptly said, "throw rocks in the river!". Boys :D We had a great time up there.....that is, until the dreaded wet sock incident, which consequently brought everyone to a screeching halt with puzzled looks on their faces. My dear Jayna....hmmm...she just does not handle certain things well, especially if it has to do with her feet...we're talking total melt down if her feet get wet when she doesn't want them to (which was the case this day) or if her socks are not just right on her toes (sounds like someone else I know...Bethany??). But, God did made her with a strong will and I see the wonder and the glory of that in her relationship with God already! Anyway, all that said, we love you Grandma Horsman and we're so glad you came to visit!! We sure could use more pictures of grandparents in Alaska...hint, hint....hehehehe!!!
i love the fact that Bethany is currently trying to defend the issues that she and Jayna have with their feet... lol...
ReplyDeleteI need to come visit... remind me of that next time i tell you i'm planning a trip... although Alaska in December doesn't sound like very nice weather...
Yeah, well, socks are a big issue. You can't have the seem across your toes!!
ReplyDeleteGREAT photo. Was this before or after I was hit with the rock? I had forgotten the whole sock incident. It did cause a bit of melt-down, didn't it? NEXT summer when we are there, we will try it again and let her have gum boots...thereby preventing a wet-sock meltdown. The result? Ice cream for everyone.
ReplyDeleteLove you all.
Grandma H.