
As I was praying last night, I was praying about enjoying my children more....their silliness, how they find everything funny is such a mystery to me, I mean everything from the way the raisins look in their oatmeal to the way Nathan says, "pardon me, I farted." Gross, I know. Anyway, back to my amazing children...they are hilarious, at times they can be generous, they are completely trusting, they never run out of forgiveness and they love with their whole hearts (even each other sometimes!! :D). As I was praying about this and thinking about them, I started thinking about what God must be like. I mean, we know from the Bible that we were made in His own image--So God created man in his own imge, in the image of God he created him Genesis 1:27--and children are so much more open to God than what we adults are. We know that God is always (not only at times) generous, He loves us with His whole heart, He never runs out of forgiveness, so it made me wonder....is He also hilarious??? Somehow, I think so, I'm not so sure that he would laugh at "pardon me, I farted" though!! Of course, this also led me on to Matthew 18:3-4 "And he said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." The "he" of course is Jesus. So, instead of just praying that I would enjoy my children's traits, I found myself praying that I would share them!! Let us all be like little children in the eyes of God!! AMEN!!
that picture is sooooooo cute!!!
ReplyDeleteand i love this blog... our focus verse for Wesley is 1 Tim 4:12... "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
it just kinda fits... :-)
love you!
What fun to see pictures of your family, read some of your thoughts and share some life insights. Keep blogging...you are great at it! I look forward to your next post! We miss you guys but it will be fun to keep up with you this way :)
ReplyDeleteyeah...Nate is so gross. Guess it just goes to show that boys don't always outgrow their fascination with "farting". Your blog looks so great. Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement for me to start my own!! We love you five!
ReplyDeleteHi Nathan and Elizabeth.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to start a blog. Yes, we are very much enjoying the comments, postings, and photos. EVEN though the whole world knows now the REAL identity of our son! Believe me, his quirks came as a result of his determined effort as a child NOT to become refined! Good thing we love him anyway.
Thanks for the idea of a blog. We are loving it.
GREAT photo of Quaid. Looks just like him. Love you all.
Mom H.