Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Kingdom Party


I just had to put this picture on here of the children in their "kingdom party" crowns! In the devotional that I read with the children it has different activities to do after the devotional. A lot of times it doesn't work for us because we do it right before bed, so unless it's a quick, easy activity, we have to skip it, sometimes doing it the next day. (Tomorrow we have to have a pudding picnic for tonight's activity! HA) So last night the activity was to have a kingdom party, celebrating the kingdom of God. Today we got out the construction paper and made crowns for each child and Nathan brought home some soda to go with our royal supper of chili and cornbread. :D Obviously, I wouldn't make much of a queen! After I had made Jayna's crown she just kept saying over and over, "I really look like God's princess now!" Quaid loved his crown and wore it for the rest of the night, finally taking it off for wrestling time with daddy. It will be interesting to see if he will put it right back on in the morning. Oh, and yes, we do have a table and chairs, it's just in the garage being refinished right now, so we had our royal supper at our kingdom party picnic style! HAHAHA

7 comments:

  1. this picture is adorable and the story that goes along with it is awesome...

    i love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting to look at your pictures every day..it's like having a little piece of all of you with us..the stories make me smile and yes sometimes get a bit teary eyed....PLEASE keep them coming...Love you all, Mom/Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with my Aunt Penny! That is a cool little storie too! I love all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how bethany spelled "storie"... lol... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i'm sorry bethany... i love you...



    *nikki, maybe this would be a good time to post a new blog... so we can leave this lil conversation on this one ;-)*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that you two even find time to argue on Nikki's blog.

    ReplyDelete